ParagonX9 - Infiltration ParagonX9 - Infiltration

YESZ

YESZYESZYESZYESZYESZYESZYESZYESZYESZY ESZYESZ

lul, nice song.

([ARiP2 Remix v2!]) ([ARiP2 Remix v2!])

///

It's an awright song Eig, I like that melody alot.

I think it could do with something to hold it all together and to create some atmosphere, like pads. The hatline seemed pretty simplistic, only a kick, open hat and clap, could do more there. Loving the melody though :]

DrDIL responds:

thanks :)

yeah, it could use some more pads, but the ones I know and have got long attack (wouldnt fit into the fast tempo) and changing it would probably ruin the feel of it :|
by the way thanks bout the melody :) most of it is mine, except some are from the original ARiP2 :)

Run Jelly Run! Run Jelly Run!

NO WAI

UR NUT A NOOB. UR PRO

L3WIS responds:

Why Thx

Hard 'N' Happy (DJI Mix) Hard 'N' Happy (DJI Mix)

///

Kewl, wasn't expecting to find a Uk Hardcore track in the audio adverts. I seen Kevs vids aswell. I think the video was mainly aimed at how you should sequence the rhythm of the melody rather than the actual notes.

It's a awright tune, the beat is pretty fucking hard which is good. I feel that there could have been more in the track to make it fuller like snare/clap, maybe a piano, arps, pads, something going on in the midrange.

It's pretty long for what it is, hardcore songs don't really last that long if they're not vinyl/cd cuts. I think this track could've done with a more simple structure of intro, build, chorus, break, chorus, outro which I think this track actually was, but they need to have more individuality and more punctuated, especially in rave genres like this. Like, have more than one melody such as an intro melody that gives a taste of what the main melody is, then the main melody kicking in in the chorus and a break melody, rather than just pitching up the chorus melody which seems like a cheap way to extend the song.

meh i talk too much about the flaws of the track, this is a good tune.

DJ-Infinity responds:

Hi, xKore. Thanks for your review.

Yes, I think there could have been more drums and other instrumentals put in, but I really wanted this song to be focused on the main melody I was remixing, rather than any other additions such as arps and pads.

As for pianos, I am yet to master a sample I have to use to create my own piano melodies as I am using a damn low grade piece of software compared to FruityLoops and Cubase, etc.

I like to keep my songs quite short and as unrepetitive as possible, because people keep saying there is a lot of repetition in my music. As you can see from the last review, I have still not got it quite right yet =P

I did not want the structure to be too conventional; as an artist I am probably still in the experimental stages of my own styles in pretty much everything. I also like to make structures and sounds as unique as possible to distinguish myself.

Now that you say that pitching up the song is cheap, I agree as it is just moving the notes up of what you already have. Nevertheless, I cannot resist a 2 semitone pitch-up as I find it just so uplifting in a happy tune like this =D

You could say I am pretty selfish with my music actually, but I guess its up to everyone else whether they like it or not. Even this review is selfish! Count the "I's" >.>

Anyway, thanks again for you review! Dont stingy on the critiques either, it gives me more to go and work on =)

[TMM43]Heal [TMM43]Heal

///

This a good song, and very trancey.

But I think that it does have flaws, I think that it is way too focussed on the supersaws and arps and doesn't really bring out any percussion. I think the hats were muddy with the saws, I would've expected hats to be crisp and to be playing a big part in the groove of the song, and I didn't feel the kick had enough punch. I felt the saws and arps could do with a reduction in mid to give space for the pads and beat.

So basically, this is a very good track, just needs some cleaning up :D

PS. I think I've focussed way too much on criticising the song rather than praising which it should deserve, but I hope you see that I'm trying to help you :]

Paradise on E (Karco Remix) Paradise on E (Karco Remix)

Noice

A gooooood remix of PoE, definately deserves 10/10 and 5/5 on this site for it's pro sound and composition. This is probably my favourite rendition of this song according to my taste in music.

The chords were the best part of it for me, i fookin loved 'em. The whole song flowed and didn't get boring for me which is good for a 10 min+ song. Good percussion and builds to the climax. I like what you done with the break, wasn't expecting that. The synths sounded clean and went well with the song.

But despite it being perfectly scored for me I felt there were a few small flaws that could be tweaked.

In the break, the snare felt a bit flat compared with the synths and other percussion around it, could do with a small bit of reverb behind it. I also felt the climax was a bit cluttered and didn't feel as climaxxy and epic as it could have, I though the plucks took away from the power of the melody, and I though the lead was maybe too persistant and out of place with the rest of the instruments during the climax, In my opinion I think it would've sounded better as something more native to trance like a supersaw rather than a buzz kinda sound.

WAAAAA wadoo I no. NICE remIX ILY

Karco responds:

Well, first off, thanks for the high ratings, and praise. :D

As for your criticism, I liked that snare. :( Oh well, I'm not surprised, considering it's my first time with brekas, EVER. XD As for the climaxes, I was never really fully satisfied with them, they're the weak points of the song in my opinion, though they're not so bad. ;) As for the lead, I chose it just because I wanted one similar to what B0UNC3 used... you're not the first to say that so it's pretty understandable. ;)

Thanks for the review! :D

entranced [preview] entranced [preview]

HI CHIM

FIRST REVIEW WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

CLKIN responds:

Wow...

ParagonX9 - Chaoz Impact ParagonX9 - Chaoz Impact

dood...

This is fucking nice, sounding like some real dnb now. But still got a vg feel. nice reese, break etc. Was a bit unsure bout the saw lead, sounded cheap and not crisp.

The Morning Of-Shine The Morning Of-Shine

///

Jesus fucking christ, this is the most professional sounding song I've heard hear in a while. Score should be higher. 5'd + fav'd

starvingdude responds:

=]

Thanks for the review.

@ndrea - What Hurts The Most @ndrea - What Hurts The Most

///

Your kick and bass, and other percussion like your hatline needs work, alot. Also, tbh, just sounds like you put Cascada's song in a granulizer and put a weak, not so well mixed beat over it.. Learn to mix and master.

2'd and 5'd